• HI EVERYONE,
    turns out that the new touaregs will not be here for another month or even more. :( I have been offered a similarly equiped mercedes ml 320 cdi for $6000.00 usd more than the touareg. Whats your opinion? if the ML worth the more money or do you think that touareg is a better SUV?

I am confused, I have never owned a VW before but I have owned mercedes before. Is this touareg as good as an ML? Is it as good as the w163 oldermodel ML?

Thanks,

Andy

• Hello!
    I believe, it is easy. You can do everything and drive everywhere with a T, if you want. If you want to do the same with a ML, you must buy a special Set for off- road - driving. The T is solide. My apprentices said, the ML stands more in the garage than on the road. I don't know - is this true.

• Hi Andy,
    Well, certainly the shipment to Haiti can take longer and 4 weeks do not seem to be a problem for me. Why dont you start negotiating with the dealer, as you delivery appointment was postponed - what is in the pot for you as buyer? Another set of tires - Winter tires :lach: - sorry just kidding.

The dealer must fish out some incentive to keep you as customer.

As rebjonok3 already mentioned - the ML is a great car as well. I believe in 2005 Eric & Oliver had the opportunity to compare the ML & Touareg's offroading capabilities. And the Touareg did its job better. :Applause:

Is it a good deal, you ask, Mercedes is not as reliable as they used to be. Is it worth USD6,000 to drive a Merc - if you ask me NO. The Touareg is the better Allrounder - imho.

:winken:

• they were suppose to arive in march, then april, then june, now july so i don't even know if they will be here fpr sure for july. they said that the cars have been built and they have shipped, but missed the second boat in transit and is waiting for the next one.

this is why i am considering going to something else. And from the suvs that are being sold here, the only other option that I can think of is the ML.

I do not want mitsubishi, toyota, nissan or even Jeep. BMWs are not being sold here. I am just not happy with the Japaneses suvs.

Thanks