2012 Touareg Luft- oder Stahlfederung?

• It takes me more time to write this message in German, so it's in English. But feel free to answer in German (or Dutch :biggrin:), because I am perfectly able to read German.

Hi there,

My dad is the proud owner of a 2007 R5 TDI VW Touareg and is now planning on buying a 2012 V6 TDI Touareg.

The current Touareg is equipped with a steel spring suspension and is a very comfortable car. We have tested a fully equipped 2012 Touareg with adaptive air suspension and we noticed that the Touareg has evolved (just like the price) when it comes to comfort. The sales person of our local VW dealer told us that we should definitely order the adaptive air suspension because that's way more comfortable. I assume he is right, but we haven't tested a 2012 steel spring Touareg. I hope you can answer my question: is a 2012 Touareg equipped with adaptive air suspension more comfortable than the Touareg equipped with the standard steel spring suspension? In other words: is it that more comfortable that we should consider ordering it?

I also have a second question: a VW sales person of an other dealer told us that the 2012 Touareg with adaptive air suspension lowers itself on the highway (+ 60 mph, 100 kmh) to be more fuel efficient. I have heard the previous generation did that, but I'm not sure if he is right about that with the 2012 Touareg. Well, I can't find any information about it and I also didn't notice it while testing the new Touareg as previously mentioned.

I thank you in advance for answering my questions.

• Hallo XCode,

die Stahlfederung ist immer ein Kompromiss. Die Luftfederung kann da deutlich mehr, auch in Richtung Komfort.
    Wenn ihr Euch dafür entscheidet, müsst ihr bei der Bestellung aufpassen. Es gibt neben der normalen Luftfederung noch eine mit Fahrdynamikpaket. Die solltet ihr nicht bestellen, wenn ihr besonderen Wert auf Komfort legt.

Der Touareg 2 senkt sich genauso ab wie der Erste. Das macht das Fahrverhalten durch den tieferen Schwerpunkt besser und reduziert den Verbrauch. Die Schwellen habe ich nicht genau im Kopf, ich meine es war 140 km/h und 190 km/h.

Viele Grüße
    Sven